Your business could make a real and lasting change to the lives of many young people. There are numerous ways local businesses can be involved in our work, depending on the skills, time and resources that you have available. We provide the link between your business and local schools – by brokering the partnership we make it easy for you to make a real contribution to local young people’s futures.
A few of the many ways you can be involved include:
- Running an activity at the Primary Schools STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) Fair
- Providing volunteers to act as mentors to secondary school students
- Supporting a careers fair to inform young people about areas of employment growth and skill gaps
Every month we need employers to support several in-school events, including ‘guess my job’, ‘business networking’, ‘interview preparation’ and others.
Why get involved?
As well as getting satisfaction from supporting local young people, working with EBP South will also bring direct and tangible benefits to your business:
- Raising your business profile by sponsoring events
- Developing a skilled and inspired pool of young people who will be your future workforce
- Improving your business’ recruitment options
- Developing and motivating your existing staff team
- Achieving your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) objectives
“Our involvement with the EBP has re-energised our staff and raised the profile of our business greatly” Director, local business.